Carmyllie and District War Memorial

Carmyllie and District War Memorial

The Carmyllie war memorial is a rustic grey granite obelisk set on a tapering pedestal which in turn rests on a rustic square plinth. The obelisk has a celtic cross with wheel-head carved in relief on the upper face, and the commemoration and names of the dead are set in lead lettering on dressed panels on the lower face of the obelisk and the pedestal. The monumental sculptor was G. Carnegie of Dundee. The monument stands within a raised and partly enclosed area in gardens by the roadside. Unveiled on Sunday 11th April 1920 in a service of dedication by Col. Ouchterlony of The Guynd..

Created by: Chris22953

CSV Export
  • Profile picture for Alexander Duncan Mcquattie

    Born 1895

    Died 1915

    British Army 1749 Shoeing Smith Fife and Forfar Yeomanry

    British Army 1749 Private Fife and Forfar Yeomanry

  • Profile picture for William Duthie

    Born 1893

    Died 1918

    British Army 5042 Private Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) 1/7 Bn

    British Army 291568 Private Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) 8 Bn

  • Profile picture for James N Cowie

    Died 1917

    British Army S/16991 Private Royal Highlanders

  • Profile picture for James Milne

    Born 1888

    Died 1915

    British Army 2014 Private The Black Watch (Royal Highlanders)

  • Profile picture for Alexander H Laird

    Born 1894

    Died 1918

    British Army 95617 Gunner Royal Garrison Artillery

  • Profile picture for Robert Pryde

    Born 1881

    Died 1917

    British Army 110794 Gunner Royal Garrison Artillery