Mailly-Maillet Communal Cemetery Extension, Somme, France. - Mailly-Maillet was comparatively quiet until the German advance at the end of March 1918. It remained in Allied hands, but was severely shelled and the catacombs under the village were prepared for use by the troops. The extension was begun by French units (mainly Engineers) in June 1915. Commonwealth forces relieved the French here in August 1915, and field ambulances and fighting units continued to use the extension until December 1916, then again in March-July, 1918. The 51 French graves and those of two German prisoners have been removed to other cemeteries. Mailly-Maillet Communal Cemetery Extension contains 126 First World War burials.
Created by: Vincent96527
British Army 1167 Private Seaforth Highlanders
British Army 1167 Private Seaforth Highlanders 2nd Battalion
British Army 21341 Private Machine Gun Corps (Infantry)
British Army 17521 Private King's Own Scottish Borderers 1st Battalion
British Army 21341 Private Machine Gun Corps 87th Company