The Holme Valley Memorial Hospital and the war memorial located in the hospital grounds were established to commemorate the men of thirteen settlements throughout the Holmfirth District who fell in the First World War. The scheme was led by Dr RH Trotter and funded by public subscription. The hospital opened in 1919 and the memorial cross was unveiled in July 1921 by Colonel HR Headlam. This community tells the stories of those men listed on the Hepworth & Scholes Panel of the war memorial.
Created by: Vivien1174