Formed at Edinburgh in August 1915. Moved to Stobs Camp, Hawick in October 1915 and then sailed from Devonport to Mudros on 24 October 1915 arriving 4 November 1915. Based on two companies deployed to Helles, Dardanelles on 8 November 1915. Moved to Egypt in February 1916 and served in Egypt as Lines of Communication Defence Troops. Moved to Cyprus, based on three companies, on 7 April 1916 (one company remained in Egypt) where this group served for the remainder of the war mainly guarding Turkish Prisoners of War. Battalion returned home and disbanded in May 1919.
Created by: Ian105013