This was named after the capital of Newfoundland. It was mostly dug by the Newfoundlanders around May 1916, soon after arrival in France with the 29hth Division, whom they joined in Gallipoli in September 1915. After the Gallipoli evacuation in January 1916. They moved with the Division to Egypt, and then in April to France. This trench was a support trench, part of the complex that formed the Front Line defences.
Created by: Desmond1478