1/1st Yorkshire Hussars During April of 1915, the Regiment was split between 3 different Divisions, to provide Cavalry support: B Squadron was placed under the command of 46th (North Midland) Division. Deploying to Le Havre 28 February 1915. HQ and A Squadron was placed under the command of 50th (Northumbrian) Division. and the deployed to Le Havre on 18 April 1915. C Squadron was placed under the command of 49th (West Riding) Division. Deploying to Le Havre on 16 April 1915. D Squadron was disbanded and used to reinforces the other squadrons on their deployments. A Squadron seeing action at the Second Battle of Ypres, B at the Battle of Loos and C at the Battle of Aubers Ridge. In May 1916, the Regiment reformed and was placed under the command of XVII Corps and was designated as the Corps Cavalry Regiment. The Regiment was dismounted and re-roled as infantry in August 1917 and was deployed to Etaples for training in the Infantry role. With training completed in November 1917, approximately 400 men were sent to the 9th (Service) Battalion of the West Yorkshire Regiment, which was retitled to the 9th (Yorkshire Hussars Yeomanry) Battalion.
Created by: Richard12999