H.M.S. Idaho

H.M.S. Idaho

HMS IDAHO in World War One was the name applied to the Auxiliary Patrol base at Milford Haven, Wales. It took its name from a requisitioned steam yacht - 43 tons (gross) built 1910. She was taken over by the Navy 12 April 1915 and fitted with a machine gun for use as a patrol vessel and based at Milford Haven, although apparently employed as a tug after March 1917. She was returned to her owners in February 1919 and the base closed down 1st October 1919.

Created by: Vincent96527

  • Born 1889

    Died 1918

    Royal Navy DA 18958 Royal Naval Reserve

    Royal Navy 18958/DA Deck Hand Royal Naval Reserve - H.M.S. "Idaho."